(In the peak of COVID)
I want to ask you a question:
Who's voice are you listening to/ hearing?
the devil's (the world)?
Do you know how to determine which one it is? One of the many things that marks a child of God is our ability to hear the voice of our Father. The problem is that many of us don't recognize HIS voice when we hear it. Some of the reasons why are:
1. We have a false view of what the voice of a loving father SHOULD sound like because we have lacked that example in our own lives.
2. We fill our time with Noise, distractions, worry, fear, busyness
3. SIN- Is 59:2 but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear. - Sin also clogs our ability to hear clearly
4. Bitterness/ Unforgiveness
5. Immaturity. Being a babe in Christ is a wonderful thing so don't be too hard on yourself if this is your current state. However, if you have been a believer for some time and this is still an issue then lack of growth is a problem that needs addressing.
Scripture tells us to be "trained" in the things of God/ Spirit......
But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
Discernment - Heb 5:14
Warfare - Sa 22:35; Ps 144:1 He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
Worship 1 Ch 25:7 The number of them along with their brothers, who were trained in singing to the Lord, all who were skillful, was 288.
Good servant of Faith and good doctrine 1 Ti 4:6 If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed.
in Godliness 1 Ti 4:7 Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;
In Righteousness 2 Ti 3:16; Heb 12:11 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
To Love Tt 2:4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,
Renounce worldly passions/ be self controlled Tt 2:12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,